Come celebrate the first decade of open data in Finland with Open Knowledge Finland and Helsinki Region Infoshare, 8th to 10th October 2019! Participate in three days of workshops and events culminating in a celebration at the Helsinki City Hall.
Location: Maria 01 startup center, Helsinki
12-13 Lunch at Starter (own cost)
13-21: Presentations and workshops. More details are in the Finnish language version of this page.
Please sign up to the workshops beforehand, as attendance is limited. https://forms.gle/qgn9FH243DzrF4Ss7
Location: Central Library Oodi
Democracy day 2019, Organised by Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities.
More information (in finnish): https://www.kuntaliitto.fi/tapahtumat/2019/demokratiapaiva-2019
Location: Helsinki City Hall
Highlights from the 10 years of Finland’s journey into open data. Meet the makers, the deciders, the inventors, the creators, and the experts!
Programme mostly in Finnish.
12.00 Welcome! Otso Kivekäs, Chair, Helsinki city council
12.15 Highlights from the first decade of open data in Finland
- Helsinki Region Infoshare, Asta Manninen
- Open Knowledge Finland, Antti Poikola
- Ministry of transport and communications, Taru Rastas
- Opening the spatial data of National Land Survey of Finland, Antti Rainio, Navinova
- JHS 189 The license for using open data, Maria Rehbinder, Aalto-university
- Kumppanikoodaritoiminta, case Code for Europe, Timo Tuominen, Helsingin kaupunki
- OpenGLAM, Sanna Marttila
- Exemplary users of open data
- Antti Ahola, Geosprint
- Datajournalism, Juhani Saarinen, Helsingin Sanomat
- Whim-service, Jarkko Jaakkola, MaasGlobal
- tutkuhankintoja.fi -service, Kirsi Koivusaari, Hansel
- Hoods.fi-service Susanna Lahtinen, Choose Your Future
13.30 Wrap-up from tuesdays workshops
14.00 Coffee and workshop “Onwards to next decade of open data”
15.00 Wrap-up from workshops
15.30 Keynote: Future of open data in New York City, Adrienne Schmoeker, Deputy Chief Analytics Officer at City of New York
15.45 Drinks and networking
Please sign up for the gala event. https://forms.gle/uZ2sKYUnhNjHweZh7